Wardell School of Arts/War Memorial Hall
World War 1 Memorials Project
Wardell is a village of 600 people located between Broadwater and Ballina, 725 km north from Sydney.
The Wardell School of Arts moved into a new building on Richmond Street on 18 May 1927. The new building was named the Richmond Hall.
Fine timber from the old School of Arts was used in the construction of the new building, which contained a hall with stage, a billiard room and an extensive library. At the rear of the hall was a separate building, the Wardell Soldiers’ Hall. The Soldiers’ Hall was destroyed in a cyclone in the early 1950s
The hall is now known as the Wardell and District War Memorial Hall in honour of the many young volunteers from the area who left these shores to serve their country. It has been cared for over many years by a small band of Trustees and a Hall Committee.
AMISA NSW Inc.
280 Pitt Street,
Sydney NSW 2000
ABN 36 456 356 023